Thursday, September 27, 2012

Without Fail

I was doing my bible study this morning, reading through Joshua.  I came across the phrase 'without fail' in this verse: 'And Joshua said, Hereby ye shall know that the living God is among you, and that he will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites...' Joshua 3:10

'Fail not' and 'without fail' is found several times throughout the bible to describe God.  These are a few I found when I did a quick search.  I am sure there are more...

'Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee: he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee'
Deuteronomy 31:6

'And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.'
Deuteronomy 31:8

'There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee'
Joshua 1:5

'And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the Lord God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord'
1 Chronicles 28:20

'It is of the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not'
Lamentations 3:22

But yet we continually doubt Him and His ability to handle our problems.  Why is that?  We are reassured over and over and over that God does not fail.  Maybe we doubt because we fail so often and can't wrap our heads around 'without fail'. 

Sometimes I just have to remind myself that although my human flesh fails, God does not fail.

That's the truth.  God's truth.  And that will never change!

No comments:

Post a Comment