Saturday, June 20, 2009

Our Week

We have had a busy week! Everyone is trying to get back in the groove of being home! I spent the beginning of the week trying to unpack and clean!

Thursday my mom and I took Abby and Lyla to St. Jude. We met with the neurologist who said her EEG looked normal but we would still continue the anti-seizure meds for at least 2 years even if future EEGs look normal. Chemo can sometimes increase seizure activity so it is safer to keep her on it until we know how she will respond to chemo. We actually had a good time at St Jude. We took a lot of pictures and showed my mom around. I was glad to take Abby on such a short day so she could see that it won't always be long stays with lots of tests.

Abby is back to herself. The swelling is gone and she is thinning up some. She is chatty Kathy again too! We have had a great week. Next week we don't have to go anywhere! No doctors or hospitals. For the first time in 2 months we get a whole week off!! Yea!

"I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high" Psalm 7:17

2 comments:

  1. Melissa L. ThompsonJune 23, 2009 at 9:56 PM

    absolute WONDERFUL news! God is sooooo good! Glad little Abby is getting better! PRAISE BE TO GOD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to let you and your family know that your story is truly inspiring!!! My boyfriend was recently diagnosed with gliomatosis cerebri... I have yet to know what to make of it! I found your site through my intense search of the web to grasp everything I can on it!
    Thank you sooo much for sharing your story... I will keep little Abby in my heart and prayers! She is sooo brave!!!

    ReplyDelete