Friday, May 15, 2009

Background

I thought I would start off this blog with a little background about our family. I guess you could call it my testimony. A year ago, Jason and I had a 2 year old, a newborn, and a broken marriage. We could not get along. We fought constantly and had little joy in our relationship. This continued all summer and came to a head in July. We either had to make changes or get a divorce. I was given some great advice by a preacher-I could not change Jason, I could only change myself. So I did. I started going to church again after a long absence. The church was Maple Springs Missionary Baptist Church. They had a revival in September and the preacher spoke about how you can't serve God and the world. You have to choose. I chose that night to serve God. No more excuses, no more holding back. I was all in. I told Jason that I was starting over with a new life and I would really like for him to join me. He did. We became very faithful to church, to studying the Bible, and to prayer. It changed our whole lives. We stopped fighting so much, the girls were happier, I stopped being so negative. I felt so lucky that God would give our family another chance. Then on March 8th he moved in our lives again. Jason went forward and got saved! All this time I was living with a lost person and didn't even know it! I didn't think it could get any better but God proved me wrong! He took our broken marriage and turned it completely around. Now we are best friends again! We rediscovered the love that brought us together in the first place.

I now know that God did all this to prepare us for what was to come. We could not have made it this far without the support of our church and the support of each other. A year ago we would have been torn apart but instead we know we can make it, no matter what. We know it won't be easy but we have faith that God will pull us through. We can feel His arms around us and He has already provided for our every need. We feel so blessed to have our church, our families, and each other.

14 comments:

  1. Morgan, You,Jason and Abby are always in my prayers now. Your testimony is beautiful, another example of how great our God is! "If God brought you to it He will bring you through it." You and Jason will make the right decisions because you are seeking Gods guidence. With love,Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEAR CONNER FAMILY, YOU DON'T KNOW ME BUT I AM STANLEY'S SISTER. I JUST WANT TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS, HE WILL CARRY YOU AND GUIDE YOU THROUGH THIS TIME OF TESTING AND TRIALS. GOD IS ALWAYS FAITHFUL NO MATTER WHAT WE FACE HE SAID HE WILL NEVER LEAVE US NOR FORSAKE US. YOU ALL ARE IN OUR PRAYERS AND OUR CHURCH FAMILY IS PRAYING FOR YOU.
    THROUGH CHRIST LOVE, KEVIN AND GERI BENFIELD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me but I am Stanley's mother. I am sure the Lord will give you the right decision because he is faithful. We are praying for you all and our church will also be holding you up in prayer. Just remember God is always on time, he is never late. In Isaiah 43:2 is very true. He did not say we wouldn't go through things but he did say he would be with us! He will hold your hand all the way just keep holding on don't ever let go! If there is anything besides prayer we can do for your family just let Stanley know and he can get hold of us and we will help any way that we can! Love in Christ, Yvonne and Lonnie Cagle

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't know me but I have heard about Abby! You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. Your testimony had inspired me on how to make my marriage better I just had a little one not to long ago and Her father and I are not on the right path. Thank you so much for your testimony and I will keep my prayers with you everyday. You sound like a very strong person and I have no doubt that Our Lord and Savior with be with Abby and make eveything just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    My name is Sabreem Aleem, I work for Girls Scout Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. I heard about your daughter's condition through an email from Dana Wolverton. I am praying for Amy and her love ones, remember to keep fighting and hold strong to faith in Jehovah God and he will deliver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DEAR MORGAN AND JASON,I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU, AND THAT I AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND ABBY EVERYDAY. WITH GOD'S GUIDENCE, I TRULY BELIEVE EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY. YOUR TESTIMONY HAS INSPIRED ME ON CHANGING THINGS IN MY LIFE, AND I THANK YOU FOR THAT.GOD WILL CARRY YOU THROUGH THIS TIME OF TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS. YOUR PRAYERS ARE WITH MY CHURCH FAMILY, AND I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. TINA AND LITTLE AUSTIN

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are praying for Abby & your family. God will give you all strength at this trying time. Hugs, Kisses, & Lots of Prayers.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. im so shocked she didnt have on her Hannah Montana boots...... what a precious face... good news is on its way Morgan and Jason! I love and am thinking of yall always! Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morgan,

    I was so shocked to hear about Abby's condition. I know we haven't seen each other in quite some time, but you have been in my thoughts since I heard the news. I can't imagine what you're going through. You, Abby, Jason, and Lyla are in my prayers. Just remember that God is still there through the storms - if we didn't get watered by a little rain every once in a while, we couldn't grow into what God wants us to be. Please know that I'm thinking of you.

    Celena Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abby, you don't know me, but I know your Aunt Rhonda and I'm gonna pray harder for you than I've ever prayed for anything in my life.

    I want to see a picture of you in your wedding dress one day!

    God bless you and keep you.

    Your new friend, Zane

    ReplyDelete
  11. MORGAN & JASON, IF YOU NEED ANYTHING, WE ARE HERE.. YOUR IN OUR PRAYERS.. LOVE PATTI,RICK,SHELBY,CODY

    ABBY,HANG IN THERE.. WE LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sang tonight at the benefit talent show for you guys. It was awesome! Just know that there was an auditorium full of people who love and care about you. Praying for you and Abby - Becca Russell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Abby, you have a lot of people who love you and are praying for you. I know you don't know me but I know most of your great Aunt's and Uncle's. I also know your grandmother Barbara. I have worked with your cousin Sarah at Batesville School. Your smile looks like a little sunshine. I am praying for you and your family. Karla Measels Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  14. I pray for Abby and will continue to. I want to thank you Morgan for your testimony on your personal life. You are so strong standing up and taking charge of your life the way you did. I am dealing with some of the problems you talked about and I pray that I can be as strong as you have been through out all of this. When I am down or having a hard time with family matters I re-read this post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete