We have pretty much decided to get treatment at St. Jude's. We liked the doctors at MD Anderson but St. Jude's has been great to us and is so close. They just feel like a littl ray of sunshine in this storm. We are still praying about it though and haven't completely made up our minds. I like that St. Jude's wants to treat this aggressively. I want to fight it as hard and as fast as we can. Please pray that we will make the right decision.
We talked with the neurosurgeon's nurse and scheduled surgery for next Friday. The surgery will be at Le Bonheur. She seemed so sincere and genuine. She told me that Dr. Boop (neurosurgeon) was confident that he could help us. His plan is to go in and remove as much of the tumor as he can without causing any damage. She will be in the hospital for about 5 days. We are scared. This surgery will be the beginning of a long road. We know it needs to be done but she feels so good right now that it's hard to make that leap to brain surgery. Please pray that surgery will go well.
After surgery, they will take samples from what he removed and determine exactly what the tumor is. It could be a high grade (malignant, aggressive) or low grade (slow growing). That will determine her treatment. She will definitely have chemo but how much and how strong will depend on what they find when they take the samples. Please pray that it will be a low grade tumor and will respond well to chemo.